Regulatory Compliance Team Leader
Type of work: Employment contract
Sector: FMCG - Food, Confectionery, Dairy
Consultant: Magdalena Jasicka-Perchała
Ref. No.: 203458
Antal is a leader in executive recruitment and HR consulting services. The brand is present in 35 countries and has been operating in Poland since 1996. Antal International offices in Warsaw, Wrocław, Cracow, Poznań and Gdańsk conduct projects across Poland and abroad for biggest global corporations and local businesses operating in all sectors of the economy. The Antal Engineering & Operations team specializes in carrying out recruitment processes meant to fill board of management, managerial and professional positions in the areas of Engineering, Production Management, Quality Management, Supply Chain, EH&S, Maintenance, as well as Process, Project and Product Development Management. The division consists of teams who recruit candidates in the following industries: automotive, machinery, electronics, extractive, chemical, energy (focusing on renewable energy sources), FMCG food and non-food, logistics and freight forwarding.
Founded in Baltimore in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 11,000 employees around the world and more than $4.8 billion in annual sales in 2017, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments.
and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures and food service businesses.
We have a passion for flavour. The company is serving customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and consumers can buy our brands in more than 135 markets and territories. Our industrial business flavours snacks, wraps, beverages and many other products for customers, which include global restaurant chains and leading food manufacturers.
The company’s long-term goal is to grow sales by 4-6% globally with three avenues: base business growth through continuous investments behind our brands, product innovations, expanded distribution and acquisitions.
Our growth starts with yours. For more than 125 years McCormick has developed a rich legacy based on our belief in the “Power of People”. We have created an unusually dedicated workforce by fostering a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
As an Equal Opportunities employer, McCormick is committed to a diverse workforce.
- Act as the main point of contact with the business for all Regulatory Compliance activity in the Shared Service Centre.
- Managing a team of legal compliance specialists (and external resource where required) to ensure that all legal compliance activities are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Liaising with internal customers (R&D, Marketing, Commercialisation, Food Safety) and transferring knowledge as required to Compliance Analysts.
- Manage and prioritise workload for Regulatory team in Lodz to ensure efficient service to the Internal and External customers that meet or exceed Customer Expectations.
- Produce monthly reports summary to track Regulatory Activity against KPIs
- Provides consultation in effort to complete regulatory information in support of commercialization and related processes.
- Respond to food legislation queries from internal customers. Approve product formulations, copy documents, raw materials and artwork to ensure compliance with legislative requirements.
- Interprets, evaluates and applies regulations, industry standards and customer requirements to proposed and existing products.
- Leads regulatory focussed projects across region and global markets, develops internal procedures, identifies process improvements, and participates in cross functional projects.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, developing and coaching direct reports and providing technical expertise and training.
- Diploma in food Technology, Chemistry, Microbiology, Food Science and Regulatory
- Strong leadership experience
- Related experience in technical role
- Experience in Regulatory Affairs in the food industry Knowledge of basic chemistry and mathematics essential. Exposure to Regulatory compliance in the flavours industry
- Knowledge of regulatory or quality information such as nutrition, ingredient statements, religious certifications, product labelling, assembly and product specifications or inspection plans
- Computer literacy (Excel, SAP, DevEx and others)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Organised, methodical, good attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively cross functionally across the business, and work effectively as part of a team
- Fluent English, other languages is a plus
- Interesting position in a dynamic company,
- Competitive salary with bonus package,
- Benefit package – multisport, medicover, flexible working hours, relocation package,
- Opportunities for development,
- Opportunity to participate in various projects in global structures.